1. Brush after every meal, or if you can't brush your teeth be sure to chew some sugar free gum.
2. Floss your teeth and use a mouthwash as part of your daily oral hygiene routine.
3. Check to make sure your toothpaste contains fluoride.
4. Use an electric toothbrush as these are more effective at removing plaque and bacteria from the surface of your teeth.
5. Limit the amount of food and drink that could stain your teeth, such as tea and coffee, red wine and curries.
6. Quit smoking
7. See your dentist for a check-up every six months. This applies when you're having orthodontic treatment too
8. Look out for signs of gum disease (gingivitis). These include swollen and painful gums, bleeding after brushing and loose teeth.
9. Always wear a mouthguard when playing sport to protect your teeth.
10. Come and see us at The Straight Smile Centre to see how we can straighten your teeth.
See us online or in the clinicGet a free consultation